Senior Product Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be part of the equity derivatives agile delivery team building end-to-end solutions with both in-house and vendor components under API and cloud-based technology. This is an opportunity for a strong business analyst/delivery lead with technical background, to deliver project as well as influencing the build of next generation platform in Cloud, by working closing with in-house development team. Domain:
Equity Derivative Products for Banking Customers Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong hands-on business analyst with equity derivatives product knowledge and proven track record of working on large, multi-country technology solutions.
- Develop Business Requirement as JIRA backlog, establish traceability to business vision and objectives, act as primary SME for the project.
- Experienced in gathering requirements, writing clear functional stories/specifications and transforming requirements/specifications into functional diagrams (data flows, functional and system views).
- Proven project management skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver technology solutions.
- Experienced in Agile/Scrum methodology but also familiar with SDLC and aware of the respective limitations
- Strong scope and accountability management and experienced in removing impediments to delivery
- Experience of delivering complex system to system interfaces, workflows, and managing the full delivery cycle (scope, specifications, development, testing plans, SIT, UAT, and Go-Live).
- Previous experience in development and solution design. Ability to articulate requirements to developers and drive solution discussions to meet requirements.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, systematic approach with attention to detail, demonstrating a strong analytical mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to tailor the message to the intended audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to engage and influence stakeholders across multiple levels within the organisation
- Proactive, self-starter, autonomous, self-motivated, multi-tasking, solution oriented with proven results.
- Strong knowledge of PL/SQL and Excel, Powerpoint, JIRA, Confluence.
- Strong knowledge of microservice API based design.
- Ability to learn new systems and understanding technology and functional designs.
- Some knowledge of development on Cloud platform (Azure or AWS).
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.