Senior Product Development Manager
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Senior Product Development Manager to assist the Head of Product Development, Asia in providing support on product development activities across the Asia-Pacific region. You'll have a focus in supporting product development activities for our Hong Kong distribution business. These product development activities spans across the development of new products, sharing class ideas, ongoing maintenance & governance and termination of products to preparation and maintenance of internal and external product materials. This include working closely with the Legal, Investment, Distribution teams and other relevant teams, within Hong Kong and across different locations. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
You'll be based in our Hong Kong office. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Manage internal product development processes for all local funds in the region and liaise with London for the relevant internal processes if necessary.
- Collaborate with the different departments to ensure smooth implementation of all product lifecycle activities (in particular for Hong Kong) and project-manage product-related initiatives and other relevant projects from time to time
- Coordinate with Product Development teams in the region and to provide consolidated feedback where necessary on any local requirements to Product Development Team in London and relevant teams in Luxembourg for global product initiatives that matter the region
- Work on various China related projects including but not limited to various access/connect programs (QFI/connect/CIBM direct/MRF etc.).
- Assist Distribution teams with product-related matters
- Work with relevant teams on the maintenance of the fund documents of Hong Kong products.
- Gather and analyze data and information on market trends, house views, and flows, as required.
- Assist Head of Product Development, Asia on any ad hoc projects.
What you'll be like
- A degree graduate with preferably at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Hands on experience on China.
- Good technical knowledge from both an investment and regulatory perspective
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential as the role involves working closely with the legal, operations, sales, marketing, investment, and compliance teams
- Proficiency in both written and verbal English.
- This role will require both verbal and written Chinese language skills as well as you'll need to read Chinese documents and communicate with China stakeholders
We're looking for the best, whoever they are Schroders is an equal opportunities employer.
- Proactive and adaptable approach
- Positive attitude and ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues across the business
- Someone who likes attention to details and accuracy
- Strong organisational, numerical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently while also as a team player.
You're welcome here whatever your gender, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age