Senior Private Banker
The Private Banker Sr. Principal is an internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influences the way things are done, not only internally, but beyond the business itself. Requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the field. Is a true thought leader who develops new techniques, methodologies and approaches in own field to directly impact the work of others and the results of the organization. Recognized as a resource for innovation or groundbreaking developments. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally and externally at a senior levels. Negotiations will have an impact on the business and are likely to involve external parties. A sizeable impact on a major function and/or the business through making decisions that determine technical approaches and strategies for the area. Responsibilities:
- Actively identify prospects and establish contact with them/convert prospects into clients.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of clients' businesses and sources of wealth generation.
- Anticipate events in a client's life and business which have significant financial implications.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients who frequently seek strategic advice regarding financial matters.
- Build relationships with client families that cross generations to establish long-term connections to the Citi Private Bank.
- Effectively manage client expectations regarding what can and cannot be executed on their behalf.
- Maintain full understanding of client goals and risk tolerance to ensure that financial strategies are appropriate.
- Uncover needs that are not articulated or clearly expressed by the client.
- Bring together the product experts to develop long-term solutions to strengthen relationships with the firm.
- Help clients achieve broad financial/investment goals related to the creation and management of wealth.
- Develop tailored solutions that address clients' investment, risk management, and financing/liquidity needs.
- Set challenging goals, regularly monitoring progress and making adjustments to achieve objectives.
- Plan and prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly activities to maximize revenue growth and client satisfaction.
- Establish a referral network and gain introductions to potential clients which generate new sales.
- Close the deal, making concessions that are appropriate and in line with the fundamental interests of the Citi Private Bank.
- Help team members acquire the experience necessary to establish credibility with clients and intermediaries.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to team success and place team goals above personal achievement.
- Encourage team members to work together to deepen client relationships and exceed sales goals.
- Align complementary experiences and skill sets of team members to maximize client effectiveness.
- Build and maintain relationships with Business Partners, Colleagues and Staff.
- Build relationships/partner with support groups in Citi Private Bank to maintain control, find solutions and resolve issues.
- Follow standard procedures and advocate appropriate exceptions to standard practices when the bigger picture needs to be considered, and seek or grant approvals as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance on regulatory requirements and minimizes any potential liability for Citi.
- Ensure strong controls and effective operational and administrative services.
- Partner with colleagues across the Citi network to leverage capabilities and share expertise.
- Ensure clients are presented with seamless execution of internal processes and Citigroup services.
- Prioritize issues that need to be escalated, getting the appropriate people involved to expedite resolution.
- Understand and communicate the risk involved with various investment strategies.
- Establish credibility and trust with all Citi Private Bank colleagues, maintaining the highest standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Persevere in delivering what is promised, even when obstacles arise.
- Flag and report illegal or improper transactions, complying with all regulatory policies and control procedures regarding client acceptability.
- Understand the broad array of products and services under the Citi umbrella.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ years of experience
- Extensive and proven experience in Private Banking having covered the UHNW market / Extensive experience in working with and/or leading client teams and transactions / Demonstrated track record in relationship selling
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Private Client Coverage Job Family:
Private Banker Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting