Senior Portfolio Manager, Transactional Banking - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Mar 18 2018-03-07
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Portfolio Manager, Transactional Banking.
In this role, you will
- Support the Retail Banking and Wealth Management Business to deliver the Transactional Banking growth objectives and goals across the Regions and Countries
- Provide operational business direction on the technical, strategic and operational aspects for growing the Transactional Banking business
- Grow revenues, balances and sales and drive transactional banking initiatives across markets
- Improve customer experience, ensure strong cost management and identify cost efficiencies through streamlining
- Manage the relevant strategic performance indicators vs benchmarks with the Regions and Countries
- Support the leadership of Transactional Banking colleagues in Regions and Countries
- Work closely with the Head of Regional Growth for driving the growth across all Regions and Countries and with Product Development team
- Perform a supportive but important role in ensuring an optimal balance between longer term infrastructure investments and business development versus rapid progress with revenue building short term solutions
- Influence at Group level, the infrastructure, resources, systems and tools required to develop a Group wide capability for the deposit business.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Relevant experience in Transaction Banking Product and Service management within Retail Banking
- Experience of product management, organizational leadership and commercial management of Transactional Banking products
- Strong technical knowledge of Retail Banking products and market/industry review for strategy formulation
- Strong experience developing solutions to meet customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to grow and drive a business, revenue, balances, sales volumes
- Experience of operating with multi geography teams in Retail Banking
- Strong leadership communication skills
- Meet the requirement of leadership capability for role including values level
- Relevant qualification in a relevant business discipline
- Customer oriented, culturally sensitive and understanding of local customer needs strong relationship building and senior stakeholder management skills
- Able to influence and engage in a positive, inspiring manner
- Good leadership skills coupled with a high and demanding benchmark
- Numerate and financially literate
- Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have the potential for further development personally and professionally
- Able to navigate conflicting strategic priorities and decisions
- Able to operate effectively in a complex matrix driven environment
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AJRJ
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited