Senior Portfolio Credit Risk Manager - Global Risk
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Portfolio Credit Risk Manager.
In this role, you will
- The role holder is responsible for supporting the Regional Credit Officer or RCO, for the successful management of credit risk for existing and new customers across the full credit lifecycle of the specific portfolio, leveraging resources through the Risk function. This includes full accountability for the credit risk and impairment losses of the specific Retail Banking and Wealth Management portfolio of e.g. unsecured cards and loans and the development of a current account and mortgage portfolio.
- Work with RCOs to manage portfolio credit quality and account management strategies to facilitate profitable business growth
- Conduct portfolio analysis and provide insights that could strengthen credit control and enhance portfolio risk monitoring
- Work closely with key stakeholders and RCOs to ensure account management strategies are effective and continuously challenged for improvement.
- Monitor and evaluate strategies while testing for continuous improvement opportunities
- Identifying early warning signals and risks or opportunities in the portfolio, implementing policy changes and effectively controlling bad debts
- Management of risk activities in Retail Credit Risk to ensure countries' alignment to Group Policy, requirements and standards, Regional Guidance, Group Strategy, Risk Appetite and agreed Regional and Country Portfolio Exposures
- Build and maintain excellent working relations within the risk function and country risk and business teams.
- Manage relationship with stakeholders with the Regional Retail banking Business team, Regional Finance, Business Finance teams, and other Regional Risk teams
- Ensure new risk strategies are appropriate for customer
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment across specialist area to ensure good operational, financial and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Oversight of policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- The role is also required to provide the Subject matter expertise to Retail Banking Chief Risk Officer and all Asia Pacific countries on topics including but not exhaustive to, Digital Risk Strategy, Lombard Lending, Credit Training needs assessment and design, Downturn capabilities and Leadership responsibilities.
- Provides support to ensure the team follows all quality assurance processes, Frameworks and the use standard tools.
- Manages all the team members, ensuring they deliver quality work and meet the expectations.
- In close contact with other risk teams and RCOs for necessary alignments of portfolio strategy in reaction to portfolio trends, acquisition and account management policy changes and behavioral scorecard shifts.
- Build strong partnership with Asia Pacific sites, RCO, regional and global risk teams in designing strategies that best suit the business needs or portfolio or market situations
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University graduate with extensive years of experience within the financial services arena, preferably within Risk Management and ideally with a solid understanding of the Consumer Credit Cycle.
- Providing risk input to key business decisions
- Providing risk management, control and support to business units and acting as a business partner
- Broad knowledge the regulatory environment
- Be able to build a partnership and engagement model with businesses or functions
- Be able to engage and influence senior management where necessary
- Strong background in credit risk management
- Experience in implementing a control framework and managing credit portfolio within appetite in a complex environment
- Experience in managing a multi cultural and geographically dispersed team
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communications skills
- Understanding of Basel II, risk and return dynamics, and pricing
- Understanding Risk and making decisions in highly complex situations where there are potentially major consequences for the business.
- Understanding the nature and dynamics of Risk and financial markets where the market context is highly complex, rapidly changing or is unprecedented
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009VOK
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited