Senior Officer, Financial Markets Services
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Rabobank Hong Kong
- 16 Apr 19
Rabobank Hong Kong is the Rabobank Group wholesale and investment banking operation and has established a world-class reputation in the Food & Agri sector. Rabobank Hong Kong serves clients which are among the leading multinational Corporate and renowned financial institutions and are served in more than 40 countries. The employees are at the heart of the success of Rabobank Hong Kong. Processing of trade transactions for clients to support the trade business of the Bank.
The Senior Officer, Financial Markets Services is a specialist in the field of transaction processing, liquidity management, reconciliations and confirmations for all financial markets products in which Rabobank is active. The successful candidate will additionally be relied upon for advisory within the team with a proven track record of process improvements, working in pressure situations, an ability to show initiative, work effectively in a team environment and experience with projects and testing.
- Provide an exceptionally high quality of internal and external client service, developing solid relationships with front office, clients and stakeholders.
- Financial market transactional processing and timely settlement as per agreed Service Level Agreement’s ensuring deadlines for all transactional processing, payments and confirmations have been met.
- Deliver a high standard of accuracy, completeness and reliability with all processes.
- Act as an advisory and subject matter expert for complex investigations, system exceptions and investigations for all processes supported by the FMS APAC Hub.
- Develop initiatives and process improvements, coordinating IT development and stakeholder engagement including assessing business requirements. Relied upon as the go-to person with new initiatives.
- Key risk and control assurance team member, ensure day to day processes are done in accordance with agreed processes, procedures and in accordance with risk appetite, raising issues and incidents and managing resolutions with Operational Risk and Management.
- Management of intra-day liquidity in coordination with treasury to ensure Rabobank’s overall funding position is In Control.
- Check and sign all manually created confirmations ensuring timely distribution as per regulatory timelines.
- Ensure local risk management requirements and regulatory requirements are adhered to and assist in delivering control assurance for key second and third line control departments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Investigation and resolution of cash and transactional reconciliation breaks.
- Good written and verbal English, Chinese and/or Asian languages
- May be required to work irregular hours and/or HK public holidays to support the Asia Pacific region
- Other duties as directed
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a Treasury / Markets Senior Operations role with regional experience.
- Sound knowledge of financial market instruments and products.
- Sound knowledge of financial markets systems.
- Sound knowledge of various payments systems SWIFT, RTGS, Securities Settlement systems.
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to develop internal relationships with key stakeholders and clients/relationship management.
- Exemplary communication skills as to be able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to plan and prioritise to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and the ability to multi-task essential.