Senior Officer, Financial Crime Compliance (1 year contract)
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
To assist the Director of Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) in his/her responsibility to ensure that the Company has put in place effective FCC control framework to comply with the regulations and internal company policies in relation to:
- Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Terrorist Financing ("AML/CTF")
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption ("ABC")
This role will also need to assist the work of other FCC Managers/Assistant Managers, as determined by the Director of FCC. Job responsibilities:
- Review automated name screening alerts (e.g. Potential True Matches, Needs Further Information, etc)
- Assist the lead reviewer in reviewing/approving certain policy changes by Medium & High Risk Clients that pose relatively high money laundering risk
- Assist the lead reviewer in identification and investigations of large sum 3rd Party payments via Online Banking and Cheque payments
- Assist the lead reviewer in conducting initial ABC Due Diligence on business partners, including name screenings on the business partners and their connected parties
- Assist the lead reviewer in conducting monthly reconciliations on:
- - Enhanced Due Diligence cases that need to be escalated to the FCC team for review/approval
- - Gifts & Hospitalities (G&H) Register with Finance Reimbursement Records
- Support the FCC team on administrative matters. For examples:
- - Tagging of Medium & High Risk Clients in the relevant systems and update the relevant register
- - Conduct manual name screenings on new policyowners and their connected parties (for Employee Benefits Business)
- - Upload the updated staff list to the G&H Register and follow up if there is any discrepancy
- - Retrieve/extract the relevant data / management information for reporting to various oversight and governance bodies
- At least a Diploma holder with knowledge and training in risk management, business, law or other related discipline(s).
- At least 1-2 years of FCC, audit or other compliance related experiences in the financial sector, preferably in insurance industry.
- To have entry level understanding on AML/CTF and ABC regulatory requirements in Hong Kong. Good PC skills in MS office/excel and good command of both spoken and written English. Prompt and systematic decision-making and analytical skills.