Senior Network & Telecom Engineer - Information Technology Hong Kong
You will be on boarded in the Digital Workplace Services that develops and maintains end user services (Desktop, collaboration, archiving...) . The department is composed of 20+ Administrator using Agile framework
We are looking for an experienced network engineer with experience in NAC and Wireless solutions and technologies, and exposure to projects in a large scale infra environment. The candidate should have a strong technical background in Cisco technologies to provide support and deliver user connectivity services prioritized by the product owner.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate an understanding of ITIL practices, be familiar with change management processes and Agile methodology. As a Network & Telecom Technical engineer, the candidate's mission will be:
- Support network infrastructure across Asia Pacific on shift basis
- Excel in releasing projects and maintenance operations in production without impact
- Ensure Asia Pacific Network and Telecom services being offered are in line with business requirement in terms of stability, resilience and performance
- Ensure global standard and best practices are well implemented and fit Asia Pacific requirements
- Represent the team in various regional and global forums where technical expertise is required
- Be a technical reference for internal partners and advise on standard or innovative solutions to bring value in a competitive and challenging market environment
- Be a technical reference and mentor for the team to increase their knowledge about network operations and solutions to improve project management and delivery
Most underlying infrastructure components are coming from strategic vendors on the technology market (CISCO, FORTINET, CHECKPOINT, F5...). Therefore the candidate must have a solid experience of dealing with Technology makers at various level (account management, support). Profile Required Academic Background and Certifications, Experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with a post graduate degree being advantageous
Following experience background would be an advantage:
- Strong knowledge in network and telecommunication operations management.
- Strong knowledge in network appliance and their software: Cisco Switches/Routers,
- Basic understanding of Netscaler Load balancers, F5 APM and F5 GTM
- Strong network knowledge of network security appliances - Traditional and Application Firewalls (Checkpoint & Fortigate)
- Working knowledge in Routing procotol (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Strong knowledge in Layer 2 switching protocols (SPT, 802.1Q,...) and switch designs - stack switch models.
- Strong experience in Cisco Wireless Solution and ISE/ACS authentication platform
- Broad understanding of Fundamental Infrastructure Areas (Operating Systems, Servers, Storage, DHCP, DNS, Mcafee Proxy, etc...)
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate and present complex technical concept in an understandable manner in both verbal and written form
- Ability to concisely write up change documentation and procedure, with clear backout plans and pre and post change test consideration.
- Have strong team spirit
- Client oriented mindset
Business Insight Company Description
- Experience in a bank of similar size
- Knowledge of Cloud native patterns.
- Experience in scripting, development or Automation tool (ansible)
- Cisco Certification
Société Générale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world daily. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Société Générale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities. Department Description
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS).
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Société Générale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery)
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000GK3
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 16/09/2020