Senior Media Relations Manager - Global Communications
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Communications, designs and implements communications strategies which support HSBC’s business objectives, in line with our values, and enhance and protect our reputation among key stakeholders.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Media Relations Manager.
In this role, you will
- Responsible for the development and execution of an effective and proactive media strategy within Global Banking and Markets in the region.
- Handle dialogue with media, issues and crisis management, and to ensure escalation is managed in an appropriate and timely manner for the global business.
- Drive HSBC's reputation and positioning in the media with respect to Global Banking and Markets, this includes managing external communications and leading and handling reputational media issues.
- Working with Communications colleagues within Global Banking and Markets and beyond to deliver a proactive media relations strategy that is aligned to HSBC's strategy.
- Develop and deploy effective positioning for proactive corporate media campaigns and strategic announcements.
- Maintain a strong external network across key media stakeholders and industry peers in the country to drive understanding of HSBC's purpose and strategy.
- Handle media enquiries both directly and through key journalist contact programs.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- A strong communications professional with extensive experience
- Sufficient credibility to represent HSBC with key country and regional media at senior levels.
- Experience in media relations.
- Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narrative.
- Strong presentation skills with understanding of board level requirements.
- Knowledge of the financial service industry and global marketplace advantageous.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and pressurised situations.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AGA5
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited