Senior Manager / Associate Director, Policy Administration
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
- Support departmental operation management over IFP and GLH Policy Administration
- Be the Product Owners of different Manage and Review delivery squads, prioritize initiatives and deliver enhanced customer experience and improved NPS via Agile way of working
- Identify and execute quick wins and service improvement initiatives to enhance performance of in-force Policy Administration business operation in term of efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Monitor service quality and implement control measures to ensure the operation in compliance and achieve zero-error objective.
- Resolve customer, policy service and administrative issues and suggest improvements in systems, workflows and procedures to avoid repetition of problems.
- Represent Manage and Review to support various marketing, product development and regulatory initiatives such as ManulifeMOVE, VHIS and AML etc.
- Formulate programs and methods to motivate and develop staff to ensure current and future organizational capabilities could meet changing business environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree holder with major in business related disciplines
- LOMA, Six-sigma, PMP and other relevant professional qualifications are definite assets
- Over 8 years experience in financial service and/or customer service management experience with work experience in project management or managerial capacity across life insurance or financial industry
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Energetic, self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with demonstrated service excellence orientation
- Good knowledge of insurance products and market
- Strong analytical mind and strategic business sense
- Strong leadership and change management capabilities
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.