Senior Manager / Associate Director, Institutional Sales, China
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Senior Manager / Associate Director, Institutional Sales, China with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
This candidate will be working together with the other Greater China team member to cover China institutional business. The candidate is required to be proactive, passionate with financial industry with good customer centric mindset to drive the business growth.
Furthermore, given the continued development of the China offshore/onshore market, an on-going understanding of the industry and its participants is required. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- At least 4 years of overall experience in areas of relationship management/sales/business development. People with less years of experience of sales role would be considered if the candidate has the right skill set and is eager to grow in this space. People with richer experience could be considered at Director level.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Fluent in Mandarin and English, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build the trust and confidence of clients, ability to strengthen client relationships through ongoing dialog and interactions, ability to work well with others to accomplish client objectives.
- Knowledge of investment products e.g. Fixed Income/Equity/Multi assets/Private assets
- Well-developed prioritization and time management skills; high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Being results-oriented, able to work under pressure, balancing and managing multiple priorities.
- University degree with CFA designation is an asset.
Our commitment to you
- Work closely with institutional investors in China, to enhance working relationships and ensure the client's needs are met.
- Work to broaden relationships with institutional investors in China.
- Work closely with other institutional sales and client advisory & servicing personnel to generate business and support in any ad-hoc projects as required.
- Respond to any enquiries by clients and ensuring the quality and accuracy of both regular and ad hoc reports to be delivered to clients.
- Provide proactive support and communication to clients with respect to firm, fund performance, attributes and developments.
- Arrange and coordinate client portfolio meetings to review assigned portfolios, investment guidelines, fund objectives and investment process.
- Ensure client documentation is updated accordingly and internal monitoring is feasible.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About Manulife
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .