Senior Manager, Wholesales Business - Global Asset Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Jan 18 2018-01-10
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfills its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Manager, Wholesales Business.
In this role, you will
- Identify market opportunities to best position HSBC Global Asset Management Funds against competitors to increase funds flow on existing platforms and broaden representation with existing and new distributors.
- Work collaboratively within the China team and within the broader Wholesale Team to deliver a proactive, professional and service oriented distribution platform
- Deliver a market competitive service platform.
- Develop an active contact schedule with China distributors locally and in Hong Kong to strengthen relationships and uncover business opportunities.
- Deliver sales ideas to distributors and improve awareness of HSBC Global Asset Management Funds’ investment outlook and products.
- Ensure HSBC Global Asset Management Funds is favourably positioned as a key provider on Qualified Domestic Institutional Investor and Mutual Recognition of Funds, both Southbound and Northbound, platforms positioning us to gain market share.
- Leverage the Market Strategist role to increase our communication with distributors and build our brand and investment capability awareness.
- Actively contribute to the development of materials for use in the field. Topics could vary from investment principles, market updates, fund profiles and performance updates.
- Share market information to enable HSBC Global Asset Management Funds to enhance its corporate knowledge and improve competitiveness across product, service and marketing.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Degree holder in Business Administration or related disciplines
- Support Asset Management cross departmental collaboration to deliver a market competitive offer
- Ability to foster strong relationships across a diverse range of clients
- Apply business acumen in planning and execution, seeking guidance as required
- Utilise experience and market knowledge to develop a best of class approach.
- Initiative and being a self starter with a pragmatic, can do approach
- Confident public speaker in Mandarin, Cantonese and English, able to write competently in English and Chinese
- Confidence and enjoyment gained from interacting with distributors and building sales momentum.
- Teamwork and personal leadership, setting an example in behavior and business execution.
- Ability to contribute positively to the Wholesale Team, for the benefit and success of all.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A4U1
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited