The role is based on-site with our client, a reputable global bank with a strong presence in Asia Pacific. They are looking for a Senior Manager, Stress Testing & Risk Appetite to join the team.
Enterprise Stress Testing Coordination and Execution
- Coordinate the Bank’s Risk function in completion of regulatory and internal Enterprise Stress Tests;
- Liaise with Group and relevant local functions such as Finance, Risk and Business functions in facilitating the setting of stress test scenario;
- Ensure timely delivery of milestones and appropriate identification and management of cross stream dependencies for regulatory and ad hoc stress testing activities;
- Determine Enterprise Stress Test requirements and engage relevant stakeholders at different levels of the organisation across Risk, Finance, Treasury, Group, etc., to facilitate communication in relation to stress testing;
- Support management of relationships with local regulatory bodies in relation to Enterprise Stress Testing;
- Facilitate the consolidation, documentation and submission of Enterprise Stress Testing results of the Risk function
- Review, challenge and clarify the Enterprise Stress Testing outputs to ensure consistency and completeness in line with regulatory requirements;
- Supervision, review and challenge of GCNA country-level Enterprise Stress Testing and Risk Appetite activities;
- Deliver clear concise reporting on Enterprise Stress Testing results for presentation to senior committees such as Stress Testing Forum, Executive Risk Committee and Board;
- Facilitate planned enhancements in Enterprise Stress Testing operating model, governance and system solutions, liaising with Group counterparts and local functional teams to ensure timely identification of requirements, data sources and key contacts and support the design of the operating model;
- Supervise and ensure delivery from central Group stress testing support teams on behalf of the GCNA region; and
- Support delivery of Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking Credit Risk and Retail Credit Risk Enterprise Stress Testing Projections.
Risk Appetite Setting & Monitoring
- Support Risk Owners and Risk Framework Owners in interpreting regulatory and internal requirements with respect to risk appetite to propose appropriate appetite metrics and thresholds;
- Coordinate across Risk, Compliance, Business and other functions as necessary to facilitate the setting of the Bank’s Risk appetite;
- Support monthly reporting against Risk Appetite and appropriate escalation of breaches;
- Facilitate Risk Owners and Risk Framework Owners in proposing mitigating actions in respect of appetite breaches; and
- Ensure appropriate consideration and incorporation of stress testing results in risk appetite setting exercises.
- Develop a keen awareness and understanding of the Group’s business strategy and model to support Enterprise Stress Testing and Risk Appetite activities;
- Support the definition and roll out of enhanced Enterprise Stress Testing & Risk Appetite operating model, governance and system solutions;
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates; and
- Identify, within Enterprise Stress Testing and Risk appetite activities, operational risk issues and areas of non-compliance with internal or external regulations and requirements and propose solutions and escalate appropriately to ensure appropriate control framework is in place.
- Support the definition, implementation and management of Enterprise Stress Testing and Risk Appetite governance;
- Facilitate the Bank’s Stress Testing Forum to ensure regulatory stress testing governance requirements are fulfilled, particularly with respect to industry wide stress tests, ICAAP and Recovery Plan exercises;
- Interpret requirements, expectations and observations from regulator in relation to Enterprise Stress Testing exercises and Risk Appetite setting and monitoring.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis to identify areas for improvement;
- Participate in and provide ongoing support to audit and regulatory reviews and inquiries in relation to Enterprise Stress Testing and Risk Appetite.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Stress Testing & Risk Appetite team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Review activities against HKMA regulations in respect of Stress Testing and Risk appetite, identifying and proposing / implementing remediation of any gaps.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree holder with 6+ years experience in Banking industry;
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory stress testing such as ICAAP or Recovery Plan;
- Prior experience in Finance/Risk/Compliance/Audit/Governance and/or change management;
- Understanding of financial reporting systems and standards (including IFRS 9), and / or project management / technology change preferred