Senior Manager, Strategy
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering our professionals with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife's Strategy team in Hong Kong works with cross functional teams to drive the development, and execution of the Company's long-term strategy and key strategic initiatives for Hong Kong. Team members have access to a unique vantage point to participate and shape some of the most important strategic dialogues and decisions at the company.
The Senior Manager will have a critical role in assessing and executing Manulife Hong Kong's strategy. Specifically, the individual will be heavily involved in conducting analysis, developing company narratives to stakeholders internally and externally, serving as a thought partner to functions, and executing and coordinating on our key strategic initiatives that significantly contribute to Manulife's growth aspirations. The Senior Manager will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and will work closely with the functions and the Asia regional office.
The role requires the ability to think broadly on a strategic basis, provide superior analysis and reasoning, articulate recommendations, and effectively cascade communications contents into the organization in a focused, creative and compelling manner. What motivates you?
• You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
• You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
• You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
• You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
• You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
• You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone We are looking for someone with:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Economics/Actuarial Science.
• Previous experience in management consulting or corporate strategy within a multinational firm considered an advantage, with knowledge and experience on life insurance markets preferred
• 5-8 years work experience. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required. Proficiency in Cantonese or Mandarin preferred.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (EXCEL, PowerPoint) required
• Experienced formulating strategy, familiar with key principles of strategy development, ability to think conceptually and creatively regarding solutions and opportunities
• Project management skills: Ability to drive projects through providing appropriate project framework, clarity on content and deliverables and effectively engaging and managing stakeholders
• Communication skills: Strong verbal, written and presentation skills. Expresses ideas and shares information clearly and concisely; articulates messages, modifies approach, and builds connections/trust
• Analysis, insight and problem solving: Numerical proficiency, ability to collect and synthesize high volumes of diverse information on markets, customers and financial information. Ability to draw out important insights for integration into planning
• Enhance team effectiveness: Be an ambassador for the team, proactively seeking opportunities to engage with colleagues across Manulife
• Tenacity and work ethic: A strong sense of ownership and work ethic to see projects to completion. Is undeterred by challenges/obstacles, ambiguity and will remain motivated, composed and apply creating thinking to overcome them. On the job you will:
• Through analysis, insights and recommendations, facilitate the development of mid to long term strategic priorities, taking into account emerging trends, competitive landscape, and the identification and evaluation of potential new value pools for Manulife Hong Kong
• Perform high level sizing, and valuation of opportunities for business case development using financial and data analysis. Synthesize recommendations with a clear articulation of how strategy translates into execution priorities and action plans
• Support the development of Hong Kong strategic planning deliverables and timelines in coordination with Finance function, (e.g. annual plan, quarterly reporting and others)
• Support the development of proposals and presentations materials for Asia Executive Committee, Group executive leadership team and Group Board
• Develop and manage project deliverables timelines, track progress against ambitions and execution
• Assist in managing, and coordinating with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure Manulife Hong Kong's narratives are communicated succinctly for internal and external stakeholders
• Act as member of an internal management consultancy or SWAT team to provide value and impact to business unit or function Our commitment to you
• Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
• A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
• A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
• Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About Manulife
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .