Senior Manager, Strategic Planning
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Value Partners Limited
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
Value Partners is an independent, value-oriented asset management firm. Founded in Hong Kong in February 1993, Value Partners has been ranked among the top performing fund management firms in the industry. The Group was listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong in November 2007. For details, please visit www.valuepartners-group.com
This position will be a key member of the Strategic Planning team, where the incumbent is required to support the development and implementation of major initiatives that will help drive the growth of the business. The work requires a candidate with strong strategic and quantitative analytical capabilities and a demonstrable track record in identifying, assessing and bringing to fruition new business opportunities. The role offers an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial, talented and passionate candidate to join us and make a major contribution to the substantial growth of our business.
- Identify, develop and implement local and regional strategic projects and initiatives that will drive the sustainable growth of the Group
- Implement and undertake regular market competitor research, monitor market developments and the regulatory environment, and collect market intelligence, to identify opportunities for new business initiatives and assess current initiatives.
- For new initiatives, that may involve new & existing: countries; products; lines of business; and client segments, the incumbent will be expected to conduct comprehensive analyses, spanning the assessment of competitors, regulatory environment, risks, resourcing, costs, benefits and alternative approaches, in order to put forward a recommended path. Initiatives can encompass organic growth, mergers & acquisitions, and partnerships/collaborations.
- Monitor and evaluate existing lines of business, products and initiatives – with a view to developing recommendations for business improvement
- Stakeholder management is important, and the incumbent will be expected to proactively engage with senior management on all potential initiatives on which he/she is working, as well as support the evaluation of ideas generated by the Business.
- He/she will coordinate with all business and operational units to produce the annual business plan, including strategies, prioritisation and a linkage to annual and medium term targets for our lines of business.
- Prepare management presentations and present findings to senior management
- A degree holder with a major in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics or business-related discipline. Qualifications in Finance or Accountancy would be an advantage
- At least 6+ years’ experience in asset management or financial industry, 3 years of which must be with hands-on business development experience. Experience in a Management Consulting Company, including asset management client project work in various countries, would be an advantage.
- Strong business acumen, excellent strategic and quantitative analytical skills, and implementation & project management experience
- Excellent communication and organizational facilitation skills, and good command of written and spoken English (Mandarin desirable)
- A collaborative team-player and self-starter, who is able to work independently
Interested candidates please send your full resume with current and expected salary in MS Word format at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data will be used for recruitment purpose only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.