Senior Manager, Server Admin
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 21 Oct 18
Senior Manager, Server Admin
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This role is to provide BAU support for server activities across Asia for all platforms. In addition assist with governance activities for both In-Country and Outsource server activities.
This role is accountable for delivering server services in Asia. It covers all the server technology with business applications.
- Support server and the relevant infrastructure services
- Provide technical support for incidents and problem resolution from infrastructure services perspective
- Create, maintain and review operational and technical documentation
- Plan and perform change activity following change management policy and procedures.
- Provide server utilization and performance reports
- Participate in the annual DR drills for all Datacenters
- Shell scripting / command
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems: Windows, Unix, Linux, AS400
- Work with the Outsourcing Partner in technical support and datacenter facility issues
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise and service orientation
- Ability to follow up on project processes; results-oriented; self-motivated
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Must have at least 5 - 8 years of infrastructure working experience
- Server Admin with AS400 is a MUST with combination of AIX OR Windows skill highly desired
- Solid experience and expertise in three or more in: Windows, AIX, Unix, Linux, VMware, PowerVM, PowerHA, AS400
- Windows Server administration and related services (Active Directory, DNS, IIS, MSSQL), Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), AIX System administration including System setup, configuration, and Software installation.
- Certificate Services
- Networking experience and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, DHCP)
- Remote Desktop Services
- Experience with programming / scripting (Batch, VB, PowerShell, Shell Script)
- Comprehensive understanding of infrastructure technologies Server, network, storage, management technologies
- Managed services experience creating, managing, and delivering
- Experience with IT transformation data center consolidations and migration
- ITIL (Operate within ITIL Problem, Incident and Change Management practices)
- Understanding of the need for governance, risk, security, and compliance
- Experience with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, RRAS, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience to Virtualization (VMware, PowerVM)
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Exposure to storage technologies (SAN, NAS, iSCSI, FC, RAID)
- Exposure with database technologies (MSSQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Must be fluent in English
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.