Senior Manager, Regional Team Leader, Insights and Investment Communications
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Invesco (Hong Kong) Limited
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917.5B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917.5B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of September 30, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The position is to lead the Insights and Investment Communications marketing team on content strategy and deliverables across the Asia Pacific business channels- institutional, retail, insurance, pensions, private banks, etc. The Insights team is responsible for developing and adapting a wide range of content on investment capabilities and market commentaries in online and print publications, multi-media (video and social) methods that facilitate the sale of Invesco’s investment capabilities and positions the firm as the asset manager of choice in the industry. This leader will be expected to work alongside the thought leadership, digital marketing, internal communications and PR teams as well as product development, channel marketing, sales, compliance and global investment teams.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Lead and manage a team of investment writers and product marketers.
- Manage the core collateral development across a broad range of investment capabilities spanning equities, fixed income, alternatives as well as macroeconomic commentaries.
- Create informative literature, web, audio, and video content to promote priority products and showcase our insights and perspectives in support of client investment needs.
- Create and execute comprehensive marketing plans for content strategy and the launch of new products.
- Strategically develop materials that make the sales effort easier and more effective.
- Act as the team’s representative to staff and negotiate work with internal stakeholders.
- Accountable for literature system, printed and electronic, the continual improvement of its efficiency from a cost and usage perspective and promoting correct usage of system with sales.
- Monitor content usage across distribution sources, including inventory/fulfillment and web sites.
- Initiate, drive and own larger-scale projects, campaigns, product launches and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure visual identity guidelines effectively adhered to in all investment marketing content.
- Manage data stewardship to ensure consistent, accurate delivery through marketing content.
- Monitor team capacity and utilization and effectively raise prioritization decisions with stakeholders.
- Possess tenacity to manage team to deliver under changing and tight deadlines.
- Perpetuate adoption of best practices and standards across the Asia Pacific region.
- Represent Asia Pacific on relevant global working groups and/or projects.
- Lead the effort into award pitches, advertorials
- Support the digital marketing team on key initiatives such as social media content;
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal business partners across marketing, product, sales, compliance and operations.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in marketing at asset management / finance industry.
- Managerial experience to lead a team.
- Deep knowledge of investment products, with excellent understanding of economics, market developments and asset management industry knowledge.
- Experience as an analyst on the buyside, or sell side research experience preferred.
- A proven client-focused and solutions driven team leader.
- Understand financial communications such as PR.
- Advocate process driven and detail oriented results.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with/interest in digital marketing.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua fluent)
- Excellent project management skills.
- Possess deep client service mentality and interpersonal skills.
- Strong copy writing and editing experience- online and print.
- Experience in managing a team and developing careers.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a diverse team; be a team player.
- Strong knowledge of the creative process and production.
- Ability to think strategically and motivate the team.
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting rapid-pace, demanding client needs.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and to make the appropriate tradeoffs as needed (i.e., flexibility).
- Ability to deliver high-quality products and services in a systematic, integrated fashion.
- Financial modelling and quantitative skills a plus.
- Ability to source data from third parties such as Bloomberg, Morningstar.
- Aptitude for technology based solutions for content management.
- Advanced skills in MS Office including Word and PowerPoint.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing from a top university required
- MBA or CFA preferred
Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within twelve weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 2 years for future recruitment purposes. When there are vacancies in our subsidiary or associate companies during that period, we may transfer the application to them for consideration of employment. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, job applicants have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, Personal Data in relation to the application. If job applicants wish to exercise these rights, they should contact the Human Resources department.