Senior Manager, Product Actuary
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Perform robust actuarial analysis under various financial reporting measures, manage the risks underlying the business, predict the claims risk frequency and severity improving its profitability through diverse missions (product development, pricing, profitability and risk exposure analysis).
- Propose financial engineering mechanisms; develop product cycles, pricing and new financial strategy; ensure product approval and feasibility to show the indicator pricing, preliminary ideas and assessment. Monitor profitability / sustainability and performing risk / financial analysis
- Coordinate with local management team, regional office, distribution channels and other internal departments on various product development projects in order to align with the company's project initiatives; Revamp existing product initiatives and ensure the approval process and needs are met for production and channels; Provide data, implications, market analysis and comparison for the management team
- Supervise subordinates within the team and provide on-going coaching on actuarial / product / insurance knowledge
- University Graduate in Accounting/ Finance or relating discipline with a recognized professional accounting qualification
- Fellow of the Societies of Actuaries or equivalent
- At least 7 years relevant working experience with minimal of 2 years at supervisory level
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Excellent financial modeling skills. Knowledge of HK/ EEV/ MCEV/ Solvency II reporting is an advantage
- Excellent in analytical, communication and good in presentation skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and good command of spoken and written English and Chinese.