Senior Manager, Platform Operations
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
With respect to multiple technology knowledge
• Ensures IT service availability and minimises the AIA's business impact of IT service outages through the effective management and governance of the network, infrastructure and data centre outsourcing arrangements
• Contributes to the improvement of user satisfaction with IT services by ensuring that the outsourcing arrangements remain aligned with business needs and priorities and fit for purpose.
• Improves the overall technical performance of AIA's Storage, Backup, AS400 Services as measured by the Technology related KPIs and SLAs (utilisation, availability, response times etc.) year on year
• Ensures the realisation of the outsourcing objectives of reduced risk, enhanced flexibility, enhanced transparency and cost efficiency through the effective outsourced services. Roles and Responsibilities: Database, Linux/Unix, Storage Processes & Standards-
Database, Linux/Unix, Storage -
- Owns related Policies, Processes and Standards at the enterprise level and to ensure the effective life-cycle management
- Responsible for ensuring that the related Policies, Processes and Standards remain fit for purpose and meet AIA business needs.
- Leads the Database, Linux/Unix, Storage function, providing leadership and direction to the virtual teams.
- Assist on the development and implementation of the related technology plan.
- Participates in the evaluation and acceptance of deliverables and project outputs based on acceptance criteria, best practice and technology standards.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the specification of AIA's business requirements, performance levels and the scoping of related technology initiatives, changes and service requests.
- Reviews related proposals and provides subject matter input, advice and feedback.
- Provides subject matter expertise as input into the service continuity and disaster recovery solutions development, implementation and testing.
- Ensures the relevant functional services are delivered in accordance with contractual or agreed service levels and Key Performance Indicators.
- Monitors delivery progress against targets, reporting as necessary and ensuring appropriate actions are taken to address exceptions and variations.
- Budget responsibility- Monitors and manages IT expenditure within the budget and ensuring that related IT financial targets are met, and examining any areas where budgets and expenditure may exceed agreed tolerances
- Responsible for Financial planning and forecasting for the function
Quality, Compliance and Assurance
- Works with suppliers and partner organizations to offer related solution design and assurance services as needed / requested.
- Works with AIA Business Units, suppliers and partner organizations to ensure related technology solutions deployed across AIA are fit for purpose and implemented effectively.
Communication and Stakeholder management-
- Ensures that AIA, suppliers and partner organizations comply and adhere with industry standards and best practice in the functional area.
- Ensure that related technology solution designs are implementable and cost effective for AIA.
- Provides a quality assurance for the related functional area.
- Champion for compliance, quality and assurance for functional area.
Supplier Relationship & Commercial Management
- Proactively communicates and presents related technology solutions information to stakeholders in a clear, concise and persuasive manner
- Provides related advice and guidance to AIA stakeholders
- Ensures that stakeholders understand the current and proposed solutions and how these can be exploited for business value.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Acts as the focal point of contact for suppliers regarding related technology solution.
- Negotiates with suppliers at senior level on the solution related issues.
- Actively participates in the Governance and Relationship management of the Management Infrastructure, Management Network and Management Data Centre services , helping to ensure AIA business case and technology solution related objectives are realized.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in which at least 8 years in managerial position with regional coverage;
- Hands on experience on position related technical components;
- Experience in work with and monitor suppliers' performance in an outsourced environment
- Degree Holder of University on Information Technology or related discipline
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification or higher
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.