Senior Manager, Performance Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- This role will be responsible to support the performance management of the Hong Kong business along with the Head of Performance Management and the performance management team. It will provide information, insight, challenge and ideas on financial performance.
- It will primarily be responsible for analysis of business performance including income, cost, impairment, balance-sheet, margins, key performance indicators and ratios, competitor analysis, macro indicators, etc.
- It is particularly expected to have a strong focus on cost management for the Hong Kong franchise and to closely engage with various business and functions in understanding and managing cost including the underlying cost drivers, levers and allocation models.
- It will also be involved in various aspects of the Bank's financial budgeting and forecasting processes.
The candidate is expected to play a central role in delivering the following: Performance management
- Provide information and insight on business and competitor performance. Challenge the businesses and functions when appropriate and contribute ideas to improving business performance.
- Provide insight on income performance including income drivers, interest income, fee income, margins, interest rate impact, etc.
- Understand and analyse the cost base and be responsible for cost management (see details below).
- Analyse loan impairment by business including the key impairment drivers.
- Balance sheet analysis including loans and deposits and comparison with market / competitors, etc.
- Drive competitor analysis and contribute to understanding competitor performance with a view to provide insight and ideas on strengths and weaknesses with a view to improving our performance.
- Provide insightful expense analysis for actual, budget and forecast to support strategic decision-making, resource allocation and performance management through regular and accurate cost analysis and reporting of business unit performance.
- Identify business cost drivers, levers and trends as well as risks and opportunities.
- Drill into details on expenses and explain succinctly on the underlying reasons and drivers.
- Make actionable recommendations on cost savings.
- Lead and drive continuous improvements, identifying opportunities to consolidate, automate, and gain process efficiencies.
- Understand cost recharges and allocations including the cost allocation methodology and key drivers, and suggest ways to improve equitability and transparency.
Other performance analysis
- Support the annual Corporate Plan process for the management and financial books.
- Coordinate the Budget Review process.
- Contribute to the forecasting processes as well as monthly performance outlooks.
- Liaise with all stakeholders as necessary.
- Identify and understand business challenges; Propose and create solutions.
- Collaborate with the team in driving income and margin analysis to provide insights on performance and to identify risks and opportunities.
- Produce price/volume variance analysis to ascertain impact from interest rate and volume movements.
- Help update macro-economic analysis, track impairment and balance sheet driver analysis.
- Create, update and maintain financial models and balanced scorecard.
- Support the preparation of the CFO reports for the Board meetings.
- Coordinate and prepare presentation materials, supporting documentation and talking points for internal or external meetings including but not limited to financial reviews and Board meetings.
- Assist the implementation and coordination of requirements for new financial system / system changes.
- Support half-yearly and yearly financial reporting processes.
- Support ad-hoc business reporting and initiatives.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Possess strong stakeholder management capabilities including interacting with the CFO, business finance teams and other senior stakeholders from the businesses / functions.
- Be able to interact confidently and independently with various Regional and Global Function teams based in Singapore, UK and elsewhere.
- Exceptionally strong team player.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage own time amidst competing priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to build close relationships and interact at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong commercial acumen and commercially well informed.
- Undergraduate degree, preferable in a discipline related to Finance/Economics.
- Preferably CPA/CA qualification or international equivalent.
- Solid working experience in Finance, preferably in major financial institutions.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to navigate vast amounts of complex data easily with attention to detail.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.