Senior Manager/ Manager, Operational Risk Management
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering our professionals with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife Regional Office is seeking an experienced Senior Manager/ Manager, Operational Risk Management. Reporting to the Head of Operational Risk, Asia, this position will support the Asia Risk Management department on various key regional operational risk programs. Key areas of focus would be assisting on control testing and Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program in Asia, promoting a risk aware culture and increasing risk awareness through educational initiatives. What motivates you?
• You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
• You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
• You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
• You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
• You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
• You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone We are looking for someone with:
• In depth understanding of control procedures and ability to design testing steps to evaluate control effectiveness
• Well-developed business acumen for smooth and collaborative engagement with process owners
• Pragmatic approach to solving problems and implementing solutions, demonstrated from past experiences in risk management or audit
• Good program and project management capabilities, attention to timeline
• Seasoned with effective communication skills, comfortable in providing presentations and training
• Strong influencing skills, creative problem solving and ability to drive change
• Matured stakeholder and relationship building skills to maintain effective working relationships with business units, various Regional functions and Group office
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Working experience with risk and governance software (e.g. RSA Archer) will be a big asset On the job you will:
• Assist in implementing region-wide Control Testing program and other Quality Review initiatives throughout the Asia Segment (the "Segment") with particular focus on leveraging existing processes and systems to ensure sustainability
• Influence and collaborate with business and functional leaders to ensure smooth implementation of the programs. Maintain effective risk governance and management for overseeing operational risk activities within the Segment
• Work closely with the country Chief Risk Officers, Compliance and Information Risk to understand existing risk and compliance processes to determine the approach to adapt global and regional program requirements in the Segment
• Manage the overall planning and schedule of the testing programs and coordinate reporting for the Segment
• Assist the Head of Operational Risk, Asia in sharing of key information, including risk initiatives and risk management/control best practices across the Segment. Create materials for presentation at working group and senior management meetings Our commitment to you
• Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
• A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
• A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
• Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .