Senior Manager, Investment
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job:
- Portfolio construction and trade/cashflow allocation management, ensuring portfolios are aligned with team strategies.
- Contribute to asset allocation and portfolio positioning decisions as well as implementation including trade execution across bonds, FX, ETFs, equities and derivatives.
- Provide regular investment portfolio analysis and reporting.
- Review results of investment performance/return calculations for accuracy and analyze performance attribution
- Negotiate and draft agreements, monitor performance and check compliance for assets managed by external fund managers
- Serve as the team subject matter expert and contact point for Bloomberg and AIM related issues including trade execution, compliance, reporting, portfolio database management etc.
- Act as the contact point for portfolio allocation and structuring with outsourced managers.
- Provide fund analysis and respond to ad-hoc requests for information/research from internal and external clients.
- University graduates in business discipline or majored in Finance.
- At least 5 years experience with equities and fixed income product, ideally from an investment management setting though we would also consider front/middle-office markets professionals with relevant experience.
- Solid investment knowledge and understanding of investment portfolio management principles and demonstrable interest in learning more (e.g. further study, own investments, etc.)
- Highly numerate with the ability to communicate analysis with individuals from a variety of disciplines.
- Team player with high attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to multitask, prioritize, cope with competing demands, and think outside the box.
- Proficient computer, administrative, and presentation skills.
- Fluent English and Cantonese.
- Other professional designation such as CFA or an actuarial discipline is a plus.
- Familiarity with MS Office suite and ideally Bloomberg. Knowledge of VBA and Python is a plus.
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.