Senior Manager, Group Sourcing
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Responsible for management of end-to-end indirect sourcing activities including demand planning, selection, negotiation, and contracts for the Technology category. Also need to support category planning, spend analysis and management reports and other Sourcing projects. Roles and Responsibilities: Sourcing Activities Execution
Sourcing Strategy Implementation
- Manage independently or support senior Sourcing staff in sourcing activities execution including but not limited to internal requirement analysis, supply market analysis, sourcing strategy development, competitive bidding process, negotiation and contract review.
- Provide sourcing direction and guidance to stakeholders and in-country procurement teams for the responsible Technology category/ project/request.
- Manage and collaborate with people at all levels, including senior management of business units and external vendors.
- Identify and deliver cost savings opportunities
- Deliver sourcing strategy of designated categories and drive cost savings and identify new strategic savings opportunities for the designated category
- Drive efficiency across the category's supply chain in AIA
- Engage, consult and collaborate with senior stakeholders in formulation and implementation of their spend strategy.
- Support effective management of suppliers and potential supplier rationalization.
- Drive global initiatives across BUs, for example Group wide deals with significant commercial benefits.
Sourcing process and system implementation
- Provide specialist advice and best practices in Sourcing to stakeholders.
- Perform data analysis and management reports to support performance assessment, supplier base and expense analysis.
- Drive and coach in-country procurement teams on sourcing best practices, compliance to company policies and governance model.
- Coordinates within the group, if applicable, to ensure appropriate allocation and deployment of supporting resources
- Support Sourcing process launch and updates and liaise with stakeholders.
- Support the Sourcing digitization project implementation as subject matter expert and liaison with key stakeholders, as needed.
Spend analysis and other ad-hoc projects led or supported by Sourcing. Financial and Non-Financial Measures:
Communication Requirements Internal
- Value delivery - Cost savings and spend value, contract negotiation
- Agility - Meet business project or agreed timeline
- Service quality - Support business goals with Sourcing Policy compliance
- Risk management - Compliance to Sourcing Governance model, contract risks and continuity of supply
- Internal: All AIA relevant business functions and business units
- Internal: Major stakeholders: Technology, Legal, Internal Audit, Finance, Risk Management, Shared Services/Center of Excellence, BU Finance / Sourcing,
Minimum Job Requirements:
- External: Vendors, Auditors, Consultants
- University graduate in Business /Laws/Supply Chain Management/Computer Science/Quantity Surveying/Hospitality or other relevant degrees to specific categories.
- Relevant advanced degree or professional certification such as CIPS/CPSM would be of advantage.
- Over 5 years of experience in managing end-to-end sourcing of relevant procurement categories, best at strategic level in international financial institutes.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills. Ability to present and influence across all levels.
- Strong cost and risk management skills.
- Self-motivated team player, who has energy and drive, also able to motivate and get the best out of a multi-functional team and matrix organization.
- Capable of operating in a dynamic environment and able to balance short-term business needs with the long-term requirements of our business.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Asian language skills would be an advantage.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.