- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 23 Feb 18
Senior Manager Finance, Strategic Investments
Senior Manager Finance, Strategic InvestmentsJob no: 998745
Business group: Financial Services
Grade: OV18-182 CBA (Offshore) Level 2
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Hong Kong
Categories: Finance & Accounting
CBA - International Financial Services (IFS) is the business unit responsible for driving the Group's emerging markets growth strategy, across Asia and Africa. This will be achieved through a ground breaking digital strategy for retail and SME customers, focused on financial inclusion.
The primary purpose of this role:
Working for IFS offers you the opportunity to work in a fast paced, agile environment where decision are made and acted on quickly. We offer you the opportunity to be part of a start-up environment - we are building a digital bank backed by the strength and security of the CBA Group.
This position will act as the finance SME for our strategic investments in the region - mainly Hangzhou Bank (China), Qilu Bank (China) and Vietnam International Bank (Vietnam).
More specifically your main duties will include:
- Lead the monthly financial and management reporting in relation to the partner banks including preparation of management packs and analysis for IFSLT
- Deliver highly valued analysis / insights to business partners in particular for the CBA's board representatives of the respective partner banks to drive business decisions
- Assist in the delivery of best-in-class papers to the Group in terms of external market / competitor environment, regulatory update, partner banks' performance as well as their initiatives
- Closely work with Investment Development & Strategy and Group Finance teams to conduct regular impairment testing and also ad hoc assessment in terms of impact to the Group from any changes or initiatives made by partner banks.
- Develop financial models and tools to support the Group's budget and forecasting process for our partner banks.
- Assist in the development, co-ordination and production of Group wide stress test in relation to the impact from our partner banks
- Proactively monitor emerging risks across the market/industry to provide early identification of areas of concern for the business
- Provide ad hoc support to business partners and active involvement in projects such as capital raising, IPO, divestment, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with partner banks as well as strong internal stakeholder engagement
What will make you successful??
- Exerperience and a good understanding of developments and trends in the financial industry, particularly in emerging markets in China and Vietnam
- Demonstrated experience in management reporting (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, performance reporting and analysis)
- High attention to detail, strong problem solving skills and ability to communicate clearly, particularly with regard to technical work to non-technical stakeholders
- Deep experience in delivering board papers / presentations to senior stakeholders
- Mandarin proficiency is desirable
At IFS opportunities are there for the taking. If want to be part of our purpose and live and lead through our values, we can offer exciting development opportunities through expanded lateral roles, stretch assignments or people leadership.
Advertised: 07 Feb 2018 China Standard Time
Applications close: 07 Mar 2018 China Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.