Senior Manager, Economic Capital Lead
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Manage the production for Economic Capital reporting, including Solvency II (SII), Economic Capital (ECap), and any quantitative aspects for HK Risk-Based Capital (RBC) development. Review and analyse key drivers in the results and communicate to management, including regional office.
- Manage the production of SII and ECap results ensuring that results, including any sensitivity tests, are produced accurately and in-line with agreed timelines for group reporting purpose. Manage the changes (e.g. methodology, assumption, model, etc.) within the reporting cycle and ensure the impacts are properly quantified. Analyse results to ensure that key movements are identified, understood, and articulated to key stakeholders.
- Participate in any technical discussion for HK RBC development. Identify solution on methodology with respect to regulatory requirements and to alignment with internal economic capital framework.
- Drive improvements in procedures, processes and controls for ECap reporting. Interact with key stakeholders to ensure they are fully engaged as appropriate and to ensure effective and efficient integration of actuarial led improvements.
- Actively monitor the company's solvency position on both local regulatory and economic bases. Assist in the identification and monitoring of management levers that can be utilized to manage the solvency position. Communicate with stakeholders to ensure understanding of results and key drivers.
- Provide supervision, guidance and coaching with the subordinates on actuarial knowledge. Escalate any conflicts in staff and work requirements to ensure effective and efficient planning of resources.
- Bachelor degree in related discipline
- Fellow of Society of Actuaries, or other equivalent actuarial bodies
- Minimum of 8 years relevant working experience with at least 4 years in managerial role
- Candidate with less experience may be considered for an Actuarial Manger role
- Good knowledge in actuarial concepts, insurance accounting, economic capital, and ideally HK regulatory requirements
- Good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Good inter-personal and communication skills in both spoken and written English
- Proactive, able to work under tight deadlines/pressure and perform multiple tasks when needed
- Able to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders, multiple tasks and resource accordingly
- Prophet and stochastic modelling experience will be beneficial