Senior Manager, Credit Risk Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure full compliance with Group Credit Policies and Process Standards. Dispensations or any gaps must be well supported and approved on a timely basis. CADs and CCPMs are renewed on timely basis.
- Design, maintain and effectively communicate risk control parameters across the Unsecured Lending, Retail Credit, including policies, control standards, risk exposure limits and other control levers in order to maintain the business's risk profile in line with the Group's risk appetite
- Assess the credit risk profile of the Unsecured Lending, Retail Credit and maintain alignment with risk appetite by rebalancing of risks or controls that may be required in response to internal and external factors.
- Support acquisition program by effective managing program risks and profitability
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of credit risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators
- Obtain assurance regarding the effectiveness of credit controls and compliance with applicable laws & local regulations
- Lead the team to implement the strategies in New Business Strategy Management tool and Probe tool with support in UAT/UVT scenario planning
- Partner with the Group CRM with support from Analytics Hub to implement risk-related capabilities in the country to deliver strategic aspirations while remaining within agreed risk appetite
- Lead with the support of RSSC and Analytic Hub to
- T imely report of material risk events, breach of risk triggers, material shift i n portfolio shape / threshold, and portfolio performance in PQR deck. Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to the responsible governance committees
- Ensure risk identification, measurement and modelling capabilities are objective, consistent and compliant with applicable regulation
- Uphold the integrity of risk/return decisions, by challenging business and control function heads to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy and risk appetite Our Ideal Candidate
- Solid credit management experience
- Market Knowledge: Substantial experience at the highest level in the banking industry, including demonstrated success in a similar role
- Business Strategy and Model: Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Risk Management and Control: Demonstrated track record in successful management and ability to manage risk in geographically dispersed and highly varied product base. Expertise in process design and control
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.