Senior Manager Business Analytics - Commercial Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Dec 17 2017-12-27
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Manager Business Analytics.
In this role, you will
- Lead and develop a team, provide Management Information System, analytical and decision support to the Commercial Banking Business leaders
- Serve as data champion by understanding to ensure quality standards defined by the Global Data Management Team are being met. Liaise with Chief Data Office for data quality/ issues to setup data governance framework.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Provide leadership and direction to provide high quality analysis and ad hoc decision support, as required by Commercial Banking management to drive and support Business decision making
- Provide direction to key change initiatives to streamline Management Information processes across Commercial Banking, including new report development, greater decision support, systems and technology enhancements
- Develop effective and enduring relationships with various stakeholders to understand and drive delivery against business needs for Management Information and analytics
- Ensure timely reporting of all financial returns to prevent sanctions being imposed to the Bank and handle enquiries on financial reporting
- Study new reporting guideline and clarify unclear instruction with requestor whilst also communicating the reporting requirement with frontline in a clear and simple manner
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Solid customer analytics experience in the area of product management or marketing
- Ability to lead a team and drive the team to fulfill the objectives and directions of the team
- Hands on experience with SAS or other statistical software is a must
- Proficient in various customer analytics methodologies
- Good statistics knowledge, strong business acumen, technical skills and leadership skills
- Excellent communication negotiation skills and a team player with an energetic and flexible working style
- Able to interact and present to senior management in very high confidence level
- Excellent planning and organization skills, good time management and has strong follow through abilities and attention to detail
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A86P
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited