Senior Manager/ Associate Director, HNW Business Development
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
- Drive HNW business in agency channel and achieve sales targets
- Support agents to identify business opportunity and follow through sales process, internally with operation team and externally with bank partners
- Train and develop agents' skill set to cultivate HNW business.
- Support agents in sales meetings with customers as required and provide expert advice on product offering & business processes
- Keep abreast of latest market development in HNW and provide inputs to internal departments for future enhancement
- Build and cultivate relationship with banking partners for smooth working process and explore new partners to future grow HNW business by capturing needs of customers
- Ensure effective, regular and consistent communications to the agency channel
- Work on MIS to monitor sales performance and campaign progress
- Conduct sales workshops/seminars for distribution channels or customers
- Act as a bridge between agency and corporate, collecting feedback from agency and delivering messages to field force
Experience & Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, marketing, education or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years' working experience, at least 5 years with insurance- experience with key focus in HNW business
- Front-line sales, product, underwriting or customer services experience preferred
- Good understanding of agency culture and the key motivators to drive sales
- Training/public presentation experience preferred
- Professional designation in FLMI or CFP is a definite advantage
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Insurance product knowledge and willingness to learn new products and procedures
- Good presentation, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Public speech skills are preferred
- Customer focus and result-oriented
- A good team player while working independently
- Good command of Chinese and English, both spoken and written
- Proficient in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.