Senior Manager, Application Management
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Lead projects throughout its life cycle including feasibility study, user expectation management, and change management
- Deliver medium to large scale of system modification/enhancement within budget and time frame
- Responsible for project execution within budget and time frame, measuring/identify potential risk and recommends risk mitigation wherever appropriate
- Propose on system development strategy and planning. Evaluate and recommend new IT products and services
- Monitor the performance and ensure quality support of all existing IT production systems
- Establish design standard and work on system development
- Develop best practices adhere to system development standards
- Manage vendors and monitor the quality of the system integration vendors
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid experience in enterprise-scale application development
- Competent knowledge in Life Asia, AS/400, middle ware connectivity like MQ and client-server technologies integrating with Front-End System is a must
- Knowledge in Opentext Exstream (Streamserve) and Opentext and IBM ECM is an advantage
- Good knowledge and experience in implementing enterprise-scale IT system for Life Insurance
- Good knowledge in Life Insurance products and workflow
- Sound interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.