Senior Manager - Operations Transformation - CHT Advisory - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Operations Management Level
Senior Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
About Operations Consulting
•\tServices we provide to our clients of different sectors are:
•\tSupply chain management
•\tShared services and outsourcing
•\tProduct & Service Innovation
•\tTransform your operating model
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Project execution and management with domestic prospects and clients, mainly private entities and SOEs in product industries with strong requirements to improve performance by enhancing sales and operations planning capabilities.
- Manage projects with multi-national clients on a required basis
- Lead and coach the junior staff in their work delivery and career development
- Assist practice leader to develop organization capabilities
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- A bachelor degree
- Minimum eight years' experience for senior manager and minimum eleven year's experience for associate director, in execution and/or re-engineering of company operations with a strong focus in sales and operations planning, preferably in a major international consulting company
- Industry exposure in consumer goods manufacturing and distribution is preferred
- Keen understanding of critical business processes and drivers for achieving effective and accountable demand and supply planning and consequently superior on-time delivery and inventory target attainment
- Understanding of organizational implications of a rigorous sales and operations planning process. These include accountability models and performance measurement mechanisms that are necessary for sustaining effective S&OP processes.
- Ability to appreciate how changing production, distribution and procurement models
- Ability to interpret quantitative data and communicate results clearly and concisely
- Ability to interpret S&OP business requirements into information system requirements and to assess criticality of systems' limitations to support such requirements
- Evident experience and skills in process facilitation and continuous improvement
- Familiar with other areas of supply chain management including logistics, procurement, cost management and production management
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required Skills Optional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date