Senior Manager - Group Model Validation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
You will work on a variety of statistical models and decision making systems covering many aspects of the model life cycle. These include data management, methodology, programming, quantitative assessment, governance and compliance to standards. The successful candidate will exhibit a pro-active business engagement strategy with responsibilities for the development and maintenance of a robust model risk measurement and reporting system. Key aspects of the role include:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Independent evaluation of credit risk models for capital, accounting and stress testing purposes.
- Assessment of changes to existing models and related risk data and infrastructure.
- Evaluation of monitoring and other governance frameworks related to models.
- Assist with the delivery of the validation plan, potentially leading analysts to manage project timelines.
- Qualitative review of model development process including underlying assumptions & theoretical basis.
- Quantitative assessment of model performance via data evaluation and statistical testing.
- Coordination with model development team and other stakeholders on model issues, achieving suitable resolutions.
- Documentation of findings, communication of results to senior management and presentation to committees.
- Interpretation of new model regulations and latest industry information.
- At least graduate level qualifications in statistics, finance, econometrics or related quant field.
- Expertise in analytics, developing or validating statistical models within banking industry.
- Good understanding of retail credit risk, retail banking products and flow of transactions.
- Ability to represent the department at model committee meetings.
- Experienced in the calibration, development or analytical review of credit risk / credit risk models.
- Proficient in statistical and data analysis using data management software including SAS and Excel.
- Ability to understand and interpret credit risk regulatory requirements and explain such interpretation to stakeholders and senior management.
- Knowledge of banking data and IT infrastructure, including data management and data quality control
- Effective presentation and business engagement skills at senior executive level.
- Team leadership and supervisory experience, with strong project management skills.
- Strong focus on quality control and attention to detail.
- Post graduate qualifications in statistics, banking, finance, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field (MSc, PhD).
- Understanding of the regulatory environment related to credit risk modelling and experience in dealing with regulators on complex technical issues will be highly regarded.
- Exposure to developing and automating risk MIS / model performance monitoring.
- Advanced VBA or other programming skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.