Senior Manager/Manager, Financial Risk Management (RBC)
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 534,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- This role is responsible for providing support for Head of Financial Risk on RBC project. The role will provide the candidate with valuable exposures to financial risks including Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Hong Kong Risk Based Capital (RBC)
- Assist Head of Financial Risk in the preparation for HK RBC Pillar 2, including ORSA preparation, ERM development and other related risk analysis by liaising with and understanding inputs from key stakeholders such as Actuarial and Finance
- Perform analysis required in the Pillar 2 and ORSA process
- Gap analysis and facilitate the company compliance to the policy
- Identify and monitor key risks in the company, including ownership of the regular risk report/dashboard for Life, GI and other lines (e.g. Macau)
- Support on formulation of ORSA scenarios with reference to key risks
- Liaise with Actuarial team and Group risk on Capital management, RBC implementation, including Economic capital, IFRS17 and corresponding implications
- Assist in Pillar 2/3 implementation as required
- Provide support to logistics and communication to various risk committees related to RBC project Support other ad hoc initiatives related to Financial Risk and RBC
- University graduate with a Bachelor degree in mathematics, actuarial science, risk management, or quantitative finance
- FSA or near FSA or equivalent qualification
- 6-8 years of related actuarial or financial risk management work experience, exposure to economic capital/ALM/asset management is definitely a plus
- Experience with financial or actuarial modelling
- Hong Kong life insurance market experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details and able to liaise with various stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication. Must be a good team-player
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Manager
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.