Senior Manager/Manager - Insurance - Accounting Advisory Services - Assurance - Hong Kong
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
Assurance Management Level
Senior Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You'll tackle client's needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you'll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
As a member of Accounting Advisory Services ("AAS"), we advise and provide a broad range of accounting, financial reporting and business advisory services to our clients. Our projects ranges from technical accounting consultation, new standard adoption, capital market advisory, transaction (M&A, divestiture, restructuring etc) related accounting application and reporting to accounting/reporting review, setup and process improvement. We are currently looking for a professional to join our team as IFRS 17 (Insurance Contracts) specialist.
The candidate will mainly focus on providing IFRS 17 implementation projects and advising insurance companies, but is also expected to be able to provide wider accounting advisory services in Hong Kong and Mainland China. The role of an AAS manager / senior manager involves:
• Work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues arising from the implementation of IFRS 17, such as financial reporting and system implications, as well as IFRS 4 and IFRS 9 related accounting issues;
• Collaborate with other disciplinary teams within the PwC Network, including Actuarial and Valuations team to provide insurance clients all-rounded services in every stage of their business cycle, from strategy to execution/implementation;
• Being flexible to support other internal (insurance) teams where required on the change activities for IFRS 17 implementation;
• Actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research IFRS 17 opportunities on new / existing clients;
• Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients;
• Develop internal relationships, train, coach and supervise team members.
• Degree holder in any discipline
• Professionally qualified
• Insurance industry experience
• Knowledge and understanding of major technical components of an insurer's financial statements and their dynamics
• Familiar with insurance products and accounting frameworks
• Experience and knowledge in US GAAP/IFRS/CAS and auditing technical proficiency would be an advantage
• Effective project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified)
CICPA/HKICPA/CPAA/AICPA/ACCA - CICPA/HKICPA/CPAA/AICPA/ACCA (required) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
English Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Yes Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date