Senior Legal Counsel, CCIB
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Provide effective and timely legal support for the trade business in alignment with group business strategies.
- Expertise in trade finance and awareness of legal risks arising in respect of the banks' various trade finance products and ability to advise the business accordingly.
People and Talent
- Responsible for ensuring legal agreements are enforceable under relevant laws legal risks are identified and advised.
- Whilst this is not a management role, the staff should always lead by example in terms of conduct in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Ability to identify legal risks in respect of trade finance and issues around enforceability of legal contracts and advise the business accordingly.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness of the regulatory framework in which the bank operates and awareness of the product governance documents and relevant bank policies
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the legal team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; The Right Environment. *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Act in accordance with guidelines and principles set forth by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Product Managers, Salespeople, Credit Officers, RMs, Operations, Legal colleagues in country and in the region/group, implementation managers and others.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Execute and exemplify bank's values.
- Qualified lawyer from Hong Kong or another common law jurisdiction, 7 to 10 yrs PQE.
- Chinese would be an advantage but not mandatory.
- Extensive experience in trade finance, including documentary trade, receivables purchase, supply chain finance and structured trade solutions and trade distribution.
- In-depth knowledge of security structures and requirements.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.