Senior Legal Counsel - Global Legal
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group’s reputation by helping to future-proof the organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Legal Counsel.
In this role, you will
- Management of consistent and effective negotiation of product documentation upon request from derivatives sales and group relationship managers in support of HSBC's offering of hedging and financing solutions to its clients.
- Facilitating collaborative solutions with internal stakeholders in the pursuit of such business and to provide policy guidance where a requirement arises.
- Liaise with, Sales, Rates and FX Structuring, Credit, or Relationship Managers, Operations, Tax and, where necessary, specialist Legal Counsel, in house or external and other internal stakeholders as necessary to ensure that the appropriate terms are included in all agreements
- Where applicable, adhere to performance standards with respect to turnaround times and escalation guidelines agreed with business partners.
- Comply with Audit, Compliance, Legal and Risk Management Requirements, including Treasury Documentation Policy
- Provide guidance and advice relating to Hedging arrangements to internal clients and local or regional Legal Departments in the HSBC Group where required or requested.
- Provide prompt, commercial, practical and high quality documentation service and advice to all relevant business areas where required or when a need identified.
- Provide legal or documentation advice that is succinct, easy to understand, and adds value by identifying the root cause of the problem and seeing the bigger picture.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Qualified Lawyer with a legal background in banking or Derivatives field.
- Prior experience in a similar role would be preferred
- Excellent knowledge of a variety of traded markets master agreement documentation and their underlying products, in particular, International Swaps and Derivatives Association and other market standard derivatives and securities financing agreements, credit, legal, regulatory and operational issues or risks relating thereto
- Sound knowledge of a variety of agreement documentation and their underlying products
- Understanding of the financial markets and understands business and regulatory implications of documentation aspects
- Has a solid understanding of the roles, responsibilities, dependencies and dynamics between key banking functions such as Sales, Trading, Counterparty Credit Risk, Market Risk, Treasury and Counterparty Exposure Management
- Ideally have negotiating experience of derivatives master agreement documentation in connection with secured financing arrangements
- Responsive and focused on client service
- Proactive, dynamic and highly organised
- Commercial and solutions focused with the ability to draft appropriate legal provisions reflecting the agreed outcome
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000ADRH
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited