We are hiring a Senior Legal Counsel for a leading Chinese state-owned enterprise's private equity arm in Hong Kong.
- Assisting on structures and establishment of funds domiciled mainly in Cayman Islands, some are of with co-GPs and JV structures;
- Leading and coordinating with outside legal counsels for execution of funds’ investment and divestment transactions, including financing arrangement;
- Assisting GC for giving advice to the firm and other strategic business units on various legal and compliance issues relating to fund management and investments;
- Reviewing and negotiating various legal documentation for setting up investment vehicles and joint ventures with co-GPs;
- Reviewing and negotiating various NDAs, engagement agreements and other contracts with funds’ counter parties and various service providers;
- Drafting board resolutions, minutes and other internal corporate documents;
- Assisting on formulating and monitoring implementation of internal policies & procedure as may be required internally or by regulators;
- Handling compliance with all rules and regulations as may be applicable to funds operation, in particular SFC Types 4 and 9 licences;
- Supervising company secretarial matters of all the SPVs in various jurisdictions within the funds’ holding structure;
- Preparing various regular and ad-hoc internal work reports and PPTs;
- Assisting on internal staff training relating to legal and compliance issues.
- Qualified HK/common law lawyer with ideally at least 6 PQE so they can be autonomous on day to day work;
- Having solid experience in cross-border M&A transactions and joint venture arrangements;
- Financing transaction experience will be a surplus;
- Fluent in English, Chinese and business Putonghua;
- Having good communication skill with the ability to deliver problem solutions clearly;
- A good team member with positive attitude.