Senior KDB Developer - Vice President
Senior KDB Developer - Vice President Hong Kong
As a Barclays Senior KDB Developer, you will be joining our Markets Technology function, where you will be delivering kdb+ solutions to support equities businesses and backup for other asset classes, as well as integrating and leveraging the latest data science platform being built in the kdb+ estate. In your new capacity, you will be leading the Analytics team in APAC, understanding the current code base, making it your own, and using this as a base to be able to design and develop new components.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Developing robust, high performance, unit tested kdb+ solutions, both tactical and strategic, as required and prioritised
- Delivering solutions in line with the strategic kdb+ architecture, and in a way such that they can be shared across asset classes, when required
- Working closely with senior business users to understand requirements and deliver high quality solutions
- Providing estimates for tasks, including design, development and testing
- Keeping key stakeholders aware of the processes and procedures that require work prioritisation
- Analysing the situation and delivering rapid resolutions to expedite solutions, if necessary
- Understanding the impact a change has when defining solutions and building this into estimates
- Covering L3 support and performing releases when required by the team rota
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent q/kdb+ programming skills on Linux, along with broad knowledge of agile and SDLC processes
- Good academic record with a numerate degree (2:1 or higher) - e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering
- Experience in full-lifecycle development on at least one large commercial system, with ideal candidate focusing on significant development of large distributed kdb+ systems
- Ample experience in development in front office/ electronic trading systems
Where will you be working?
- Experience with Maven/ Java/ Git/ Team City
- Experience with AWS, Panopticon, Jupyter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate with senior stakeholders to understand their requirements and manage their expectations of delivery
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time critical team environment
Our offices are situated in the center of Hong Kong's financial district, at 2 Queen's RoadOur offices are situated in the center of Hong Kong's financial district, at 2 Queen's Road.
Cheung Kong Centre is an investment banking hub that offers panoramic views of Victoria
Harbour and Kowloon Peninsula. There is a variety of local amenities and you will be just a short walk from shopping malls, health clubs and multiple transport links.