Senior KDB+ Developer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
The BitMEX Trading Engine sits at the core of the business and handles all brokerage and trading aspects of the platform. The Engine team is responsible for order management, risk checking, position keeping, PNL calculations, pricing (derivatives), risk management, market data distribution, order matching, and settlement.
We are building a best in class Technology team to help us scale BitMEX to millions of users and millions of transactions per second. We are looking for experts in low latency trading system development, microservice architectures, and scaling.
You follow good principles of software engineering like TDD, writing modular, maintainable, clean code, and are used to working in an Agile environment.
- KDB+ experience of 5+ years
- Deep understanding of internals of KDB+ including the q interpreter, APIs, IPC
- Strong engineering skill set with firm grasp of fundamental Computer Science principles
- 5+ years financial experience at a Hedge Fund or Investment Bank building electronic trading systems or other low-latency systems
- Experience working in and performance tuning a Linux environment
- Nice to have: experience building microservice architecture systems, test automation, derivatives pricing, scaling, operating system and network layer performance tuning.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics preferable