Formerly known as ‘Stirling Andersen’, Bluemont Consulting is the same business operating under a new trading name, following a management buyout in 2018. Bluemont Consulting maintains its international networks and database(s) with an improved and localised boutique focus in Hong Kong’s senior placements. It maintains database ties with 'The Andersen Partnership' in Australia and New Zealand and 'Eirkoo' in Dublin, both of whom are specialist recruitment agencies operating within the same industries.
Our client is a well-known investment bank and they are now looking for a Java development expert. They are planning to improve the digital experiences of their sales trading platforms, including both client and internal users' web portals and other business applications across all asset classes. The majority of the department members are hands-on technical staff, they embrace the short delivery response time and collaborate with lean and experienced project and program management teams.
- deal with the legacy systems and expose their functionality through APIs.
- work cross-functionally with other technical teams, such as infrastructure, security, and business risk.
- help to drive the DevOps agenda to move faster with all technical parties towards continuous delivery.
- break down monolithic architectures to small services with well-bounded business contexts.
- At least 5 years of hands-on backend or full-stack web application development experience
- Primarily using Java (Spring, Spring Boot) and Node.js in a microservices architecture
- Experienced in building enterprise-scale applications from scratch is highly preferred.
- Experienced in working at medium or large-sized investment banks or capital management firms is highly preferred, but not necessarily.
- Working under a full-AGILE delivery methodology is a must, at least running a 2-week sprint.
- A product-driven mindset and peaceful delivery capability are key; enjoy working in flat management and dynamic culture
- Familiar with automation scripting and other DevOps toolings, no limited to Python, Rust, Golang, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, Teamcity, Clojure, Docker, InfluxDB.