About Equities Technology: Equities are a leading franchise, offering a full-service cash and derivatives business with industry-leading fundamental and macro research and award-winning analytics. The Equities business leadership recognize how critical a state-of-the-art technology platform is in creating a top-ranking equities franchise. Supporting a complex, multi-asset business, Equities Technology (EQIT) is crucial to the competitive advantage of the franchise. In addition to driving innovation in algorithmic trading, market access and networking, Equities technology sets the standard for market connectivity across the whole Markets business.
Overall Purpose of Role:
The successful candidate would have hands-on automation experience in building and maintaining the In-house Test Automation Platform which is a test automation framework written in Java, as well as delivering interfaces/wrappers for Electronic/Algorithm Trading System.
- Develop/Enhance the In-house automated testing framework/platform for Electronic/Algorithm Trading Systems
- Recommend new technology or practices that will add value to the bank in terms of performance and cost
- Interact with Compliance, Operations, Business analysts, Development team and QA engineers to gather delivery requirements to builds the test automation framework and facilitate flawless product deliveries
- Continuous improvement on the stability of test environments by close collaboration with the Development and Support team.
- Management of the test automation framework effort including the roadmap, task assignments, evaluation, reporting to senior management etc.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with Java Programming is a must (ability to write java code, writing test cases using Junit/TestNG).
- Previous experience in the creation, maintenance, and execution of automated frameworks.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, ksh, bash or sh).
- Experience with log file analysis with de-bugging, Messaging and SQL as part of Server-side testing.
Desirable/Preferred Qualifications (NOT Required):
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems such as TeamCity.
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT.
- Familiarity with build automation tools such as Maven.
- Working knowledge of JIRA.
- Previous experience with financial trading applications (especially algo trading / electronic trading system).
- Manual and automation testing experience in a complex environment.
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at email@example.com and put Senior Java Developer (Electronic/Algorithmic Trading Testing Platform Development) - Global Bank in HK in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Microsoft 365 Technical Solution Architect
2) Fixed Income IT Project Manager - Leading Investment Bank
3) IT Project Manager - Leading Investment Bank