Outstanding opportunity for a talented and ambitious Java Developer to join one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivative firms. You’ll be joining a magnificently profitable firm who have extraordinarily ambitious plans afoot and are busy building the very best possible trading platform.
Over the past 5 years, their Trading Technology team has managed to hire some of the very best technical talent from some of the most successful high frequency trading firms in the world and they have built a superb, uber-fast and robust real-time trading platform. There is still ample greenfield work to complete and this is where you and your development skills will primarily concentrate.
- Design, development, maintenance and support of fault-tolerant, containerised distributed system of microservices in the Trading and Market Data space
- Implementation of new features/systems within greenfield and brownfield projects
- Fixing bugs, tuning performance
- Evaluation of new technologies
- 5+ years financial experience at a Hedge Fund, Investment Bank, or Exchange developing financial trading applications in Equity, FX or derivative product markets, either traditional or crypto-based in Java or equivalent experience in another OO language, with some experience of Java
- Strong engineering skill set with firm grasp of fundamental Computer Science principles and a test-driven approach to software development with a high degree of automation
- Work in a Linux/containerised environment and have experience tuning it
- Use data structures and algorithms to achieve maximum productivity
- Have a Computer Science/Engineering degree
- Nice to have:
- Experience building market data feed handlers
- Knowledge in and experience with financial services protocols including FIX, SBE, Protobuf or similar
- Experience utilising low latency messaging frameworks like Ultra Messaging, Aeron, Chronicle Queue and other message bus technologies like Kafka
Whilst this mandate is confidential, we invite passive candidates who are very happy in their current role to make contact to arrange an ‘off the record’ introductory call. All conversations are unreservedly secret.