Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
• develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
• test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
• support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
• make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
• manage versions of software artifacts
The role is for a senior java developer with good Java experience to work within the GED risk team.The team is responsible for the provision of Hydra which is a strategic platform used by the equity derivative traders to manage their risk and P & L.
You’ll be working in the Global Equity Derivatives team in Hong Kong. Our role is to work as part of a global team providing development and design for the existing and future risk management applications for the local and global GED business.
• a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline
• extensive working knowledge of Java, specifically the language fundamentals and its application to high performance systems combined with knowledge of database and web technologies.
• strong development knowledge on database technology, ideally Oracle or Sybase
• knowledge of operating system fundamentals (e.g. Linux) and scripting (e.g. Bash, sed or Perl)
• knowledge of object-oriented theory, multithreading and related design patterns
• ability to use a range of software development tools (for example git, svn, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Jenkins)
• experience of automated testing, test driven programming, pair programming, refactoring, code reviews and continuous integration
• interest in the development process and how to improve it at the team and department level a plus
• experience in Python and GUI development is desirable.
• knowledge in Equity Derivatives is preferable.
• strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
• a Software Developer with a minimum of 5 years of programming experience
• the go-to person for the latest development innovation
• a pioneer of emerging code and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
• a guru of knowledge management and garbage collection
• comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment