The Finance function is a core part of the business, supporting strategic decision making across multiple dimensions as well as the development and maintenance of robust procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting internally and externally. The System, Process and Change Team supports the delivery of change projects arising from new business initiatives, core system updates, regulatory and accounting developments, and other initiatives initiated from within the department or individual teams.
The role-holder will be a member of the System, Process and Change Team and will report to the Senior Operations and Process Change Manager. The role-holder will be responsible to develop and maintain an end-to-end understanding of the core finance processes across management information and planning, ledger closing and financial reporting. It is expected to take ownership of a portfolio of change projects, with core responsibilities including:
- Acts as the Finance representative on the wider business project team, understanding requirements, supporting in the definition of solutions and identifying consequential impacts on finance processes with forward looking mind-set
- Plans, designs and executes user acceptance testing, updating documentation for the changes and preparing/conducting training on updated processes to impacted finance teams (both onshore and offshore)
- Ability to lead on significant new developments with excellent skills in project management, insurance product knowledge, insurance finance systems and accounting knowledge as well as the capacity to learn and support on IFRS 17 accounting entries / process definition
- Manages multiple internal or external stakeholders who initiate systems and/or process change that impacting Finance including but not limited to Actuarial, the Global Finance Operations Centre in India, Software Delivery and Change Delivery teams etc
- Ensures the Finance-related processes and system impacts are adequately understood by all these stakeholders such that the change projects are designed ensuring Finance requirements are met.
- Assists the Senior Manager with Stakeholders management and supervise the Assistant Managers within the Systems, Process and Change Team