Senior IT Project Manager
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description Senior IT Project Manager Hong Kong The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Senior IT Project Manager with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
The Senior Project Manager will report to the Project Management Lead. The purpose of this role is to contribute operationally to achieve the business and IT objectives by delivering project management services across a variety of projects. The Project Manager ensures that projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Proven background and experience in project management.
- Worked within similar environments of major high value, critical projects.
- Proven background in delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated leadership and able to develop and motivate teams to achieve objectives.
- Experience in mentoring/coaching more junior Project Managers.
- Proven background in managing projects with an ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong ability to motivate team members and utilize the strengths of the skills within a team to solve dynamic problems.
- Proven relationship management skills and leadership ability.
- Detailed background in project and program delivery.
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. He/She will be providing support to the Project Management Lead in delivering day-to-day 'hands on' tasks and this include defining the scope of projects, documentations such as business cases and project status reports and managing stakeholders. The Project Manager will be responsible for allocating and utilizing resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a co-operative and motivated project team.
Our commitment to you
- Plan, direct and coordinate projects to ensure that the objectives are accomplished within the time frames allocated and budget parameters.
- Provide overall direction and leadership to the project team throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for the definition of project scope and all documentations such as business cases and project status reports.
- Review the project proposals or plans to determine the time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the projects and negotiate the resources required for each project phase.
- Identify potential risks and issues and able to mitigate them.
- Responsible for collaborating with the necessary teams to implement project management methodologies across projects.
- Manage a dynamic project team whilst seeking the most creative way to elevate the capabilities to meet business needs.
- Able to manage senior stakeholders effectively and influence executives.
- Utilize the necessary standards for project management and ensure compliance.
- Understand how to leverage applications for competitive advantage.
- Work closely with other parts of the IT and business stakeholders to achieve the objectives.
- Managing and driving multiple projects and programmes from an IT perspective
- Project and Programme reporting and liaison / co-ordination with internal and external business units and senior stakeholders
- Project, Programme and portfolio financial management and reporting
- Make recommendations to senior management to resolve issues affecting project and programme delivery
- Be the point of escalation for resolution of major project and programme issues affecting scope, cost etc.
- Proactively identify opportunities for earlier delivery of the projects and associated benefits.
- Stakeholder Engagement, Management and Reporting.
- Maintain high rates of business satisfaction through exemplary and consistent performance in execution of the project.
- Ensure disciplined project management housekeeping using new and evolving information systems.
- Maintain focus of teams and individuals within the project in a climate of organizational change.
- Resolve issues and disputes while maintaining constructive working relationships and achieving schedule commitments.
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About Manulife
About Manulife Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services provider that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and our global wealth and asset management segment, Manulife Investment Management, serves individuals, institutions and retirement plan members worldwide. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2021, we had CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .