Our client is a large Blue-Chip Enterprise, with an extremely large and complex technology footprint. They are seeking a seasoned IT Infrastructure Manager who will oversee the design and implementation of an enterprise IT infrastructure architecture for the new data analytics platform. The role would require someone to have extensive experience in taking a lead role in reviewing and discussing all technical solution designs to ensure they meet the needs of the company. The ideal candidate is someone with proven hands-on experience in defining an enterprise-level infrastructure that is efficient and scalable.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Design, recommend and produce an efficient and scalable IT Infrastructure environment
- Define the infrastructure standards, requirements, and configuration of the hardware and system software required based on the agreed architecture
- Define the hardware requirements for high availability and disaster recovery strategy
- Define the instance strategy for the implementation and deployment and capacity planning
- Manage vendor to implement system infrastructure (hardware and system software) and IT solution infrastructure based on the agreed infrastructure requirements and standards
- Review infrastructure-related documents prepared by the vendor to ensure technical and operational requirements are met and conformed to IT’s standards
- Trouble-shoot the performance of hardware and apply performance tuning skills to resolve technical problems
- Provide training and coaching to internal IT people on the new data analytics platform technology
- Plan and deliver quality project deliverables within schedule and good quality
Required Skills for the Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- A minimum of 12 years of hands-on experience in the IT field, with at least 8 years of which managing the design and implementation of large-scale technical IT infrastructure, database administration, and system tuning for a medium to large enterprise
- Sound knowledge of Networking, Windows, Linux, Server hardware, and database
- Knowledge on setting up different database technology, including NoSQL, MongoDB, Oracle Database, and Microsoft SQL database, is preferred
- Professional knowledge in designing and implementing high-performance computing and network infrastructure for large-scale data lake/data warehouse projects is preferred.
- Knowledge of different public cloud technology (GCP, AWS, Azure) is an advantage
- Certifications in Project Management certification (PMP, Prince2) and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) are a plus
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
If interested, please send your most updated cv in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Infrastructure Manager” in the subject line.