BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Job context
BNP Paribas is looking for an energetic developer to work in the local Trading Apps team, which is in charge globally of providing Front-Office with trading tools.
The HK team caters to all the local needs and handles the APAC specificities, covering all the applications' lifecycle, from the initial planning and design, through the implementation, validation, documentation and maintenance, working closely with business and peers. It covers many functional topics across several trading desks: Options market making / market fit / volatility trading, ETF market making, basket trading, auto hedging, Warrants contribution, including monitoring tools for regulatory related matters.
The candidate will be involved in the development of existing tools, and must have experience in developing GUI (Java) and service applications (C++), on Linux and Windows platforms. The ideal candidate will have extremely sharp technical skills, enjoy solving hard problems, and have experience controlling complexity in large-scale systems. Key Responsibilities
* Design, build, maintain and improve applications
* Follow our development standards: use JIRA, implement unit tests, add and maintain documentation, communicate clearly all changes, provide deployment instructions and training when necessary
* Provide second level support
* Ensure effective and timely resolution of incidents
* Ensure clients' requests are always well addressed, in a timely manner, with appropriate reporting
* Work closely with clients and peers to define clear specifications and gather requirements
* Do regular follow up with Application Support team, Production team, Business, and peers Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
* Strong background in C++/Java development. Python is a plus.
* Good experience in GUI development. Eclipse/OSGI framework would be beneficial.
* Experience in multi-threading, latency analysis/profiling, cross-platform development (Linux/Windows)
* Experience in software validation, including design and execution of automated unit and non-regression tests
* Ability to deliver quality code
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong sense of achievement
* Strong communication skills Specific Qualifications Required
* At least 5 years of working experience, preferably within the financial sector and a Market Making environment (automated contribution, executions' algorithm)
* Good knowledge on listed derivative products
* University degree with IT major