Senior Governance Manager - Commercial Banking
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Governance Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Shape and build robust governance framework to ensure all decisions made on the design or deployment of functionality, tools and triggers go through proper discussion and approval processes, ensuring a fair, transparent, well documented decision making process
- Work with internal team members and HOST counterparts to establish and document internal governance processes around management of platform, data, triggers, etc
- Support the Director of Customer Intelligence to establish a Target Operating Model for the department. Own and maintain the document and related Terms of Reference of related forums, bodies, or activities
- Seek endorsement and support from senior management team on the proposed governance framework
- Communicate the governance framework to the wider team in Global Customer Intelligence, such that it is fully understood, agreed, implemented and consistently followed
- Establish appropriate guidelines, processes, systems, escalation paths, mechanisms, approval matrices, documentation system, etc. to facilitate the team in following the governance framework. Regularly checks and validate compliance to the governance framework and escalate for consequence management where appropriate
- Prepare appropriate responses and submissions to fulfil enquiries from Global CMB stakeholders Internal Auditors, Operational Risks, ISR, Skilled Person, Second and or Third Lines of Defense, and other internal policy owners
- Prepare appropriate submission materials to senior management committees or forums, and be able to present, articulate ideas or rationales and influence others.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University degree in relevant disciplines
- Significant years of related work experience in financial industry, preferably with exposure in areas related to governance, internal controls, compliance, policies, internal audit, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Sound understanding of CMB global business and strategies
- Well organized with robust project or programme management skills
- Strong leadership qualities and proven track record in driving change and influencing people
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to challenging deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to think strategically, while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.