Senior Fraud Mitigation Strategy Manager - Compliance
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Fraud Mitigation Strategy Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Locally deploy the Global Fraud Strategy for the operation of in scope fraud controls to deliver risk owner objectives.
- Orchestrate the synchronised operation of in scope controls, setting and monitoring performance levels, challenging effectiveness and driving control owners to innovate and improve their controls.
- Support the Regional Head of Fraud Mitigation Strategy in being the contact point for Financial Crime Threat Mitigation owned fraud controls, providing stakeholders with advice on the prioritisation of fraud controls as well as an escalation route for ineffective operation.
- Ensure the effectiveness of in scope controls through the critical assessment of clear and concise management information on the performance of their controls provided by control operators.
- Advising control operators on prioritisation of potentially divergent and conflicting requirements from a broad range of stakeholders in a Business As Usual context.
- Responsible to the regional Line of Business, for the coordination of the controls which deliver the level of fraud mitigation, customer experience and operational cost determined by the risk owner
- Identify new or enhanced requirements for fraud mitigation controls, working with key stakeholders such as local Head of Financial Crime Risk Transformation and the local Head of Financial Crime Threat Mitigation Systems Delivery to influence change initiatives that improve the fraud control environment.
- Develop, strengthen and leverage external relationships with key public and private sector partners and peers in connection with fraud controls
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- The job holder is required to have experience in working with controls that manage fraud risk.
- Track record in influencing, in particular the application of this skill in areas outside their direct span of control.
- Experience working for or with one or more lines of business is desirable but not essential.
- A background or understanding of operational risk is also desirable.
- Influencing skills, including the ability to communicate on a diverse range of topics to multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate complex and sensitive information and situations in meaningful and easily understood terms
- Confident to challenge when dealing with senior stakeholders
- Able to influence change without direct responsibility for resources or budget
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands and problem solve in a dynamic environment
- Experience of leading a team that delivers results aligned to long term business goals
- Able to identify where process changes will improve operational efficiency
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.