Senior Financial Institutions Risk Manager (Banking)
- Upto 90,000 HKD per month + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Stirling Andersen , EA Licence No: 16S8094
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
This is an active opportunity within FI Risk Management with one of the largest banks globally.
- Conduct regular counterparty credit risk analysis and assessments of new money and transactional credit limit requirements for Financial Institutions. These institutions will include Banks, Sovereigns, Non Banking Financial Institutions, Asset Managers, Broker Dealers etc. in the region and provide recommendations where required.
- Proactively monitor Financial Institutions in the region so as to ensure the appropriate management of any deteriorating conditions in the portfolio and to cascade this information to management where required.
- Provide support and improve communications with key stakeholders at the Group, Region and local site levels in respect of all major credit related issues related to the Financial Institutions sector.
- Assist management with the preparation of the monthly Risk Management Committee reports including analysis of the largest Financial Institutions exposures, any counterparties of concern and other pertinent credit issues.
- Provide support to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness, of credit risk approval procedures and systems to protect the integrity and reputation of the Group.
- Several years of experience of working in a banking environment or a financial institution, preferably in a traded risk management function and ideally to have specialised in Counterparty Credit Risk Analytics
- Experience in and understanding of derivative valuations and exposure measurement principles.
- Clear understanding of risk mitigation techniques across a broad range of products.
- Good understanding of legal documentation relating to derivatives.
- Experience of interacting and developing working relationships with front office staff
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management to non Risk Management stakeholders
- Ability to understand and interpret complex business requirements and act on this understanding accordingly.
In this role you will be reporting directly into the Regional Head of FI, and the team size for this position is around 9 people.
Please apply online for this position, suitable candidates will be contacted directly by Stirling Andersen.