Senior Financial Institutions Credit Risk Manager - Global Risk
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Financial Institutions Credit Risk Manager.
In this role, you will
- Conduct regular counterparty credit risk analysis and assessments of new money and transactional credit limit requirements for Financial Institutions. These institutions will include Banks, Sovereigns, Non Banking Financial Institutions, Asset Managers, Broker Dealers etc. in the region and provide recommendations where required.
- Proactively monitor Financial Institutions in the region so as to ensure the appropriate management of any deteriorating conditions in the portfolio and to cascade this information to management where required.
- Provide support and improve communications with key stakeholders at the Group, Region and local site levels in respect of all major credit related issues related to the Financial Institutions sector.
- Assist management with the preparation of the monthly Risk Management Committee reports including analysis of the largest Financial Institutions exposures, any counterparties of concern and other pertinent credit issues.
- Provide support to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness, of credit risk approval procedures and systems to protect the integrity and reputation of the Group.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Several years of experience of working in a banking environment or a financial institution, preferably in a traded risk management function and ideally to have specialised in Counterparty Credit Risk Analytics
- Experience in and understanding of derivative valuations and exposure measurement principles.
- Clear understanding of risk mitigation techniques across a broad range of products.
- Good understanding of legal documentation relating to derivatives.
- Experience of interacting and developing working relationships with front office staff
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management to non Risk Management stakeholders
- Ability to understand and interpret complex business requirements and act on this understanding accordingly.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AD9B
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited